Welcome to the
- You will have best access if you use current browsers such as:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- After reviewing the information on this website, should you have any questions about the eligibility requirements of the NS COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Program (including questions relating to employer paid sick leave benefits which are less than the NS Program), please contact us for more information.
- Any information that you provide may be audited, at any time, by the Province of Nova Scotia. Documentation supporting the information in your Application (for example payroll records or, in the case of self-employed workers, CRA records such as a T-2125, T4 or T5 showing income from the business) does not need to be uploaded to the Application. It must, however, be readily available should you be audited.
- If you are self-employed, please be advised that you will receive a T4A as per Canada Revenue Agency requirements.
- Any information you provide through this online automated system is protected by the highest privacy security.
- Information, including personal information, collected for purposes of your application to the COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Program, is subject to the Nova Scotia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be treated in accordance with that Act.
- The information will be used to administer your application, verify that you meet the program’s eligibility requirements, issue a program payment to you, and collect any overpayments or erroneous payments issued to you. For these purposes, the information may be shared with the Registry of Joint Stock Companies and other government departments and sources.
- The Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education has custody and control of this information.
- The information will be collected and used by the Nova Scotia Co-operative Council Limited, on behalf of the Department, for purposes of administering the Program.
- If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Department of Labour and Advanced Education, contact Information Access and Privacy (IAP) at 1-844-424-2985 or IAPServices@novascotia.ca.
Our business support team is here to help.
Email or phone with any concerns or help that you require.
You can also go to https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/paid-sick-leave-program/
Or email: COVIDsickbenefit@novascotia.ca